Building Management System (BMS) for Hospitals and Nursing Homes
Energy management technologies in hospitals and nursing homes are becoming increasingly important. The Italian National Recovery and Resilience Plan (NRRP) has allocated funds for the digitization, innovation, and green transition that also closely involve healthcare facilities. In hospitals and nursing homes, the efficiency of facilities is critical to the proper functioning of the building. A state-of-the-art building automation system, monitored by a BMS, can be a perfect solution to ensure the operation and control of the entire structure.
As part of a Building Automation infrastructure, a Building Management System (BMS) allows the various functions of a building to be centrally controlled and managed. Its main purpose is to optimize energy efficiency, improve occupant comfort, and simplify facility management. Duemmegi’s Building Automation systems, designed for the specific needs of hospitals and nursing homes, can be easily and quickly controlled by operators and building managers via touch screens, tablets, PCs, etc., locally and, if needed, remotely.
Smart Tools for Hospital Energy Management: Why Choose a Duemmegi BMS
A BMS is a combination of hardware, software, and sensors that collect, monitor, and control data from various subsystems of a building. This allows for the centralized monitoring of the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, lighting, security systems, elevators, solar shades, energy consumption, and other electrical devices.
The use of a Building Management System to automate and manage power consumption in hospitals provides the following benefits:
- Increased energy efficiency (centralized control of HVAC systems for heating, ventilation and air-conditioning)
- A reduction in operating costs
- More efficient maintenance and durability of facilities
- Better control of indoor areas, such as managing access to sensitive environments (pharmacy, laboratories, surgical rooms, etc.)
- Increased building safety & security control (smoke detection system, control of emergency exits and alarmed doors, safety lighting).
A BMS is not only useful for energy control and increased efficiency in hospitals and nursing homes, but also provides other significant benefits, such as:
- Occupant comfort in hospitals (for inpatients and staff)
- Control of environmental parameters (such as temperature, humidity, air quality, and forced ventilation system, according to the specific needs of the building and occupants)
- Monitoring of proper operation of all technological systems (such as machinery and hoists, heating and cooling stations, supervisory control 24 hours a day, 365 days a year of generator sets, UPS, CPSS, etc.)
- Il controll· Control of “advanced” Human Centric Lighting systems (dimming, light therapy systems in delivery rooms and waiting rooms, replication of the circadian cycle in working environments without natural light such as operating rooms, laboratories, and even patient rooms)
- Control of the emergency lighting system.
Beyond providing these benefits, a BMS represents not only a hospital power management system,but also a true integrated control and management system that automates all key functions of a building in order to improve its efficiency and comfort, reduce energy and operating costs, and increase safety.
Hospital Automation Systems: Duemmegi’s 30 Years of Experience in Providing Comforts and Safety for Hospitals and Nursing Homes
In hospitals and nursing homes, the efficiency of all facilities is a key aspect for the proper functioning of the building.
In addition, as mentioned earlier, a BMS allows the management of room access and the scheduling of automated operations, such as turning lights on and off or adjusting the temperature according to the time of day and building activity. Technologies for reducing hospital energy consumption accessible both locally and remotely. In fact, using a BMS allows building operators and managers a comprehensive view of building performance, and enables them to make informed decisions in order to optimize energy consumption and ensure a comfortable and safe working environment for all users.
A BMS is among the best solutions for reducing energy consumption in hospitals and an optimal solution for comprehensive building control, particularly facilities with specific needs such as hospitals and nursing homes. Duemmegi, backed by more than 30 years of experience in building automation systems monitored by its own BMS, represents a benchmark in monitoring and control systems for hospitals and nursing homes, offering its customers fully customizable solutions for all their automation needs.
Building Automation systems with Duemmegi’s WEBCON BMS have already been successfully implemented at Niguarda Hospital in Milan, San Carlo Hospital in Milan, Garibaldi Hospital in Catania, Clinica Madonnina in Milan, Istituto Auxologico Capitanio in Milan, Santa Casa Da Misericordia (Portugal), Hospital in Aosta (implementation of Human Centric Lighting system),Don Calabria Hospital in Negrar (Verona) where, among the various equipment, a light therapy system for waiting rooms has also been implemented.